Friday, October 19, 2007

1000 Generations Live Paintings


"The Trumpet Call" created in Georgetown, KY, inspired from Isaiah 58:11 "I will guide you always; he will satisify your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." SOLD


"The City no Longer Deserted" created in Sheridan, IN, inspired from Isaiah 62 -- In this chapter, God is seeking after a once deserted city. As I was reading through this, I received an image of a city in a blackout. In this painting, the lights are just starting to come back on. Lately I've been learning that when you come to God he provides in ways much greater than I could ever imagine. So not only are the lights in the buildings coming on, but the stars are bursting with light and the flowers are glowing like torches to light up the sky. "They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted. " Isa. 62:12 SOLD


"I Am who I Am", created at University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg, KY, inspired from Exodus 3, Isaiah 44, and John 10 -- This painting is unique because I was able to work on it during five sessions at the university. After each session, this painting evolved into something different and as the week went on, the meaning behind this piece also changed with the message of the week. The original inspiration came from the idea of a person writing the name of the Lord on their hand. I liked the idea of this and began to research names of the Lord and found "I Am who I Am". I had heard the "I Am" reference before, but never with the addition of "who I Am". This bold phrase stuck with me and I couldn't wait for the chance to complete this image on stage, but for several shows, I ended up painting something else. Finially the time came for me to create this piece where through the speaker at U of the Cumberlands I was able to really put this all together. In John 10: 27, 28 it says: "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." Even though we are broken and we sometimes feel ruined like the buildings in the background, God is still with us, and he still wants to use us despite our brokenness. When we call on him, he comes to us with power and authority to do what he calls us to do. Even if it seems beyond our capabilities, God will come and he will provide for us more than we could ask for. SOLD


"Living Lights" created in Ankeny IA, and Indpls, IN -- Ephesians 5, This chapter is all about darkness and light. It explains that all of us were once darkness, but once we receive Jesus we become illuminated and full of light. Becuase of Christ in us, we then have the power to burst light into all mankind. So, not only are my figures full of light, but the sky is starting to burst with light as well. In vs. 14 it says: "Wake up oh sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." That is my hope, that we would all transform into vibrant children of light. IA version: SOLD, Indpls. version: $150


"Openings of Light and Life" created in Indpls, IN -- Isaiah 55: This painting represents my decision to quit trusting in myself and to follow after God. $150

No comments: