Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Journey


Last weekend I was reunited with the band to paint at ICYC in Anderson, IN. It had been quite a while since I last painted with them and my first time up on stage I was feeling anxious about what I was going to create. Thankfully, 1000 Generations was the worship band for the week, so I had plenty of time to work through the process. As I painted more and more aspects of the piece came together, and the more I painted the more I felt at peace about what was landing on the canvas.
After the second performance of the weekend, I started to understand that this painting is about our journey with Jesus. The first night a bright background was laid down that filled the canvas with warm colors, this represents our first moments with Christ. Then a landscape emerged similar to a desert with an abandoned city, and dark holes, this depicts the lonely places in our life and the obstacles that we are bound to face. Thankfully, the painting didn't stop at that point; by the final morning of worship, I added two white flowers. The flowers are a reminder that no matter what we are going through, we are still able to grow and flourish as the individuals we are created to be because Jesus knows us and understands every struggle we face. He allows us to grow in any circumstance.

No comments: